Senior 3D Environment Artist
Remote/Greater Seattle Area
CREATE AN UNFORGETABLE EXPERIENCE:
Join a fast growing, female-led game studio in the PNW, that is in the early stages of developing an unannounced title of epic proportions for a fantastic IP. This is your chance to join their talented team of industry veterans and have a direct impact on a game that is sure to be magical!
MAKE AN IMPACT:
Looking for someone to contribute to the artistic vision and development of this title with a specialized focus on creating environment art and building worlds.
In addition to creating fantastic environment arts, a Worldbuilder will also focus on level construction, layout and composition. As a collaborative member of our development team, you’ll work closely with designers, engineers and other disciplines of the art department to solve visual challenges pertaining to world creation as well as 3D asset production. The ideal candidate will drive for results with their discipline team, ask and solve hard questions, is proactive about their own career growth as well as the growth of their team, and provides visually elegant deliverables to all aspects of word creation and 3D asset production.
- Create and implement AAA-quality environment art, levels and more.
- Work closely with all departments to ensure that art direction, gameplay and technical requirements are met
- Work closely with the Art Director to maintain the aesthetic and ensure consistent quality across all environments
- Work with the Art Director and Outsourcing Manager to identify and schedule assets for external development
- Work closely with the design team to rapidly prototype, iterate, and refine ideas based on feedback
- Keep up to date with new technologies in the industry to help advance the visual quality bar for our products
- May lead or manager other artists internally and externally
SHOW US YOUR SKILLS:
- 6+ years of experience in the games industry as an environment artist
- Environment art portfolio demonstrating proficiency and finish
- 2+ shipped titles using modern production techniques, including: PBR workflow using Substance Designer/Painter for production ready assets
- Strong skills with current software, including: Maya, 3ds Max, Photoshop, Substance and Zbrush
- Unity Experience, with a strong understanding of asset integration and management within Unity
- Self-starter with a problem solving mindset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Stylized Environment Art
- AAA shipped titles as a Lead Environment artist and/or Worldbuilder
- Has worked with one or more employees here at Arcadia Games
- Located in the Pacific Time Zone